Catalan sports daily Mundo Deportivo leads its front page on Saturday with the surprising theory that Barcelona are monitoring Isco’s situation at Real Madrid.
Contract talks on hold
The story stems from Isco’s instructions to his agent to shelve any negotiations over an extended contract at the Bernabéu while he seeks assurances over his future playing time. Mundo Deportivo notes that Isco could join Barça as a free agent when his contract expires next year, and receive a juicy signing-on fee as a result.
First team role unclear
Isco arrived at Real Madrid from Málaga in 2013 and, now in his fourth season, remains on the fringes of the first 11 despite a run in the side recently due to injuries.
Te recomendamos en English
- GEORGE FLOYS PROTESTS George Floyd death in Minneapolis, live updates: police, riots and protests across US
- GEORGE FLOYD DEATH George Floyd autopsy: no sign of traumatic asphyxia or strangling
- BUNDESLIGA Havertz’s goal-scoring form puts him in Bundesliga record books
- LALIGA La Liga clubs free to start full training from Monday
- PREMIER LEAGUE Kompany turns down offer to be Guardiola's assistant at Manchester City
- CORONAVIRUS New York state reopening: which shops, business and offices can open in phase 2?