Catalan sports daily Mundo Deportivo leads its front page on Saturday with the surprising theory that Barcelona are monitoring Isco’s situation at Real Madrid.
Contract talks on hold
The story stems from Isco’s instructions to his agent to shelve any negotiations over an extended contract at the Bernabéu while he seeks assurances over his future playing time. Mundo Deportivo notes that Isco could join Barça as a free agent when his contract expires next year, and receive a juicy signing-on fee as a result.
First team role unclear
Isco arrived at Real Madrid from Málaga in 2013 and, now in his fourth season, remains on the fringes of the first 11 despite a run in the side recently due to injuries.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid players who will be out of contract in 2021
- MLS Jürgen Damm could sign with a MLS team in July
- LALIGA SANTANDER Levante vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- Liga MX Liga MX will not have relegation in the next five years
- MLS Canelo supports decision of Chicharito and Pizarro coming to the MLS
- TRANSFER NEWS Valencia make loan request for Real Madrid centre-back Javi Sánchez