Real Madrid president Florentino Pérez expects Cristiano Ronaldo to be the recipient of the 2016 Ballon d'Or when the winner is revealed next month.
Real star the frontrunner for the prize
Cristiano is the bookies' favourite for the France Football award after 12 months in which he was instrumental in continental glory for club and country.
The forward was the competition's top scorer as Real lifted the Champions League in May, then captained Portugal to success at Euro 2016 in the summer.
Ballon d'Or winner confirmed on 13 December
'CR7' is part of a 30-man shortlist for the gong - which this year has ended its association with FIFA - from which the victor will be announced on 13 December.
And speaking at an awards ceremony for long-serving club members on Saturday, Pérez said Ronaldo "ought to win his fourth Ballon d'Or" in just over a fortnight.
Cristiano "one of our greatest legends"
"Cristiano has become one of our greatest legends," Pérez added. "The highest goalscorer in our history and a worthy successor to our beloved Alfredo Di Stéfano."
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby