Piqué trains and is set to start against Real Sociedad
Iniesta also completed his second training session with the rest of the Barça squad, while Umtiti is fighting to make El Clásico.
Piqué on course for Real Sociedad game
Things are starting to take shape for Luis Enrique ahead of his side's visit to Anoeta on Sunday (20:45 CET). Piqué, a cause for concern for the Barça coach, trained with the rest of the squad and is due to start in San Sebastián. The centre-back had been struggling with an ankle injury picked up after a nasty tackle from David Silva in Barcelona's Champions League clash against Man City, and exacerbated in Los Culés last LaLiga game against Málaga.
Iniesta on the road to recovery
Elsewhere, there was more good news for Luis Enrique with the return of Andrés Iniesta, who completed his second training session with the rest of the squad. Umtiti also trained and is aiming to be fit in time to face Real Madrid in El Clásico.
Possible Barça XI
Luis Enrique, therefore, is likely to go with a tried-and-tested eleven at Anoeta: Ter Stegen, Sergi Roberto, Piqué, Mascherano, Jordi Alba, Busquets, Rakitic, André Gomes, Messi, Luis Suárez and Neymar.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS MLS 2020 play-offs: schedule, games and dates
- US News What did Trump say about Biden and voter fraud?
- AS AWARDS GALA 2020 Nadal: "Thank you for this award during these difficult times"
- Atlético Madrid Luis Suárez set to train after negative covid-19 test
- VICENTE JIMÉNEZ Everyone's success
- AS SPORTS AWARDS Casillas: "Zidane has earned the right to lead Real Madrid"