Liverpool and Brazil's Coutinho stretchered off injured at Anfield
One of Europe's brightest stars, Philippe Coutinho, who has been rumoured to be attracting interest from FC Barcelona was carried off in the first half against Sunderland.
Star player likely to be out for some time
With Liverpool FC giving many supporters more hope than ever this season that they are in with a real chance of winning the Premier League for the first time, today's home game against relegation battlers Sunderland was seen as a chance to add to their already impressive goal tally. But with the game still in the early stages, one of their star players was carried off.
As pressure was building in the visitors' area Philippe Countinho went in for a challenge with Didier Ndong and immediately fell to the ground holding his foot or ankle. It was clear he was in a lot of pain and the stretcher was quickly on to take him away. Obviously we now await the medical assessment.
It's a squad game
With new signing Sadio Mané due to be off to the African Nations early next year and other injuries to deal with, manager Jürgen Klopp will be hoping the little Brazilian is not as bad as it certainly seemed. In saying this, Liverpool do not have European football to contend with this season and also have the likes of Daniel Sturridge, Dvock Origi and Adam Lallana (currently out injured) as part of their attacking back-up.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS MLS 2020 play-offs: schedule, games and dates
- US News What did Trump say about Biden and voter fraud?
- AS AWARDS GALA 2020 Nadal: "Thank you for this award during these difficult times"
- Atlético Madrid Luis Suárez set to train after negative covid-19 test
- VICENTE JIMÉNEZ Everyone's success
- AS SPORTS AWARDS Casillas: "Zidane has earned the right to lead Real Madrid"