Paco Jémez reaches an agreement with Cruz Azul
"An agreement's in place and I don't think there will be any problems with the contract but I can't say the deal is done until they make an official announcement", he said.
Spanish coach Paco Jémez told EFE today that he has reached "an agreement" with Mexican Liga MX side, Cruz Azul, but added that he has not yet signed a contract with the club.
"An agreement's in place and I don't think there will be any problems with the contract but I can't say the deal is done until they make an official announcement because it wouldn't be the first time that something happens at the eleventh hour", Jémez told EFE.
He added that plans to restructure the Cruz Azul squad will be dealt with when he flies out to Mexico, which he is hoping to do in the next few days.
Changes to the squad
"They know the squad better than I do and I have to trust their information and judgement. I believe that five or six players will be moving on which means we will need to bring in the same number to balance the squad", he explained.
Jémez, 46, has ample experience of coaching in the Spanish top flight, having overseen 158 matches in the category - his managerial career has included posts at Cartagena, Las Palmas, Córdoba, Rayo Vallecano and Granada.
Te recomendamos en English
- Ronaldinho released from prison, moved to house arrest in Paraguay
- Coronavirus: Messi hailed as 'global example' amid footballer pay-cut debate
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total India cases and deaths, real-time map, 8 April
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total USA cases and deaths, real-time map
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: total UK cases and deaths, real-time map
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total Nigeria cases and deaths, real-time map, 8 April