Paco Jémez reaches an agreement with Cruz Azul
"An agreement's in place and I don't think there will be any problems with the contract but I can't say the deal is done until they make an official announcement", he said.
Spanish coach Paco Jémez told EFE today that he has reached "an agreement" with Mexican Liga MX side, Cruz Azul, but added that he has not yet signed a contract with the club.
"An agreement's in place and I don't think there will be any problems with the contract but I can't say the deal is done until they make an official announcement because it wouldn't be the first time that something happens at the eleventh hour", Jémez told EFE.
He added that plans to restructure the Cruz Azul squad will be dealt with when he flies out to Mexico, which he is hoping to do in the next few days.
Changes to the squad
"They know the squad better than I do and I have to trust their information and judgement. I believe that five or six players will be moving on which means we will need to bring in the same number to balance the squad", he explained.
Jémez, 46, has ample experience of coaching in the Spanish top flight, having overseen 158 matches in the category - his managerial career has included posts at Cartagena, Las Palmas, Córdoba, Rayo Vallecano and Granada.
Te recomendamos en English
- RUSSIA Russia banned from Olympics and World Cup 2022 over doping scandal
- El CLÁSICO | BARCELONA - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's headache - how to stop Messi in El Clásico... 3 possible solutions
- BARCELONA Messi impossible to replace - Barcelona president
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Casemiro must avoid getting booked against Valencia
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Barcelona, Inter set to discuss Rakitic, Vidal and Lautaro Martínez in Milan
- Barcelona 'cannot afford' to lose Vidal in January, says Blaugrana president Bartomeu