José Antonio Camacho to take Gabon coaching post
The former Spain coach reached an agreement on Saturday and his appointment will be made official on Sunday. He'll be in charge of Aubameyang, Lemina and Madinda.
Camacho agrees Gabon coaching post
José Antonio Camacho will be named the new coach of Gabon's national football team, Agence France-Presse report; the agency claim that the 61-year-old is in Libreville to sign his new contract with the country who are to host 2017 Africa Cup of Nations.
Camacho will take over the vacancy left by Jorge Costa, who was sacked at the start of November. The former Spain and Real Madrid coach has been away from coaching since he quit the China post in 2013.
Among the players who will be under his command with Gabon are Borussia Dortmund's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang; Juventus' Lemina and Nástic midfielder Lévy Madinda. Most of the Gabon squad are active in other leagues outside of Africa.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS Golden Globes 2021: times, TV and how and where to watch online
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? New $3000 child tax credit: live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: when will the proposal be voted on in the Senate?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: who voted in favour in the House of Representatives?
- LALIGA | BARCELONA Koeman: Griezmann omission 'not a punishment'
- BOXING How much is Canelo Álvarez set to earn for Avni Yildirim fight?