Neymar looks to tread carefully with Gil Manzano
The Brazilian is one booking away from missing El Clásico next weekend and today's referee at Anoeta, Gil Manzano, brandishes an average of 7.33 cards per game.
Barcelona forward Neymar Jr. is currently one booking away from susepnsion and will have to tread carefully in today's game against Real Sociedad at Anoeta (20:45 CET). If the Brazilian sees yellow this evening, as he did in the 2014-15 season, he will miss next weekend's El Clásico.
Neymar will have to tread carefully, however, given that game in San sebastián will be refereed by Gil Manzano, who has brandished 44 cards in six games, a total of 41 yellow cards and three reds, an average of 7.33 cards per game, the second-highest total in LaLiga behind Mateu Lahoz.
Sports cars and challenges
The Brazilian is due to start at Anoeta, despite crashing his Ferrari on Sunday morning and Luis Enrique will be keen for his striker to keep a cool head in a fixture Los Azulgranas haven't won in six seasons.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Isco in the midst of another baffling season at Real Madrid
- CHELSEA Lampard looking at the bigger picture with Pulisic
- Serie A Ancelotti thanks De Laurentiis for clearing up Napoli 'lies'
- BARCELONA Vidal on tattoos, his mo-hawk and some advice for Dembélé
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Rodrygo, Vinicius wanted by Brazil in January
- MANCHESTER UNITED Greenwood signs new Man United contract