10 months later
Atlético de Madrid have finally brought one of the most negatives run of the Simeone era to an end. It was precisely the team's threat from corner set-pieces which helped the Rojiblancos lift the league in 2014, but it has been almost 10 months since the team has found the target from a corner.
Before Godín's strike in El Sadar this afternoon, the last Atleti player to score from one of their famous 'penalty-corners' was Saúl against Eibar at the Calderón back on 6 February. In the season in which Atlético won the league, 18 of the 73 goals the team scored were headers.
Something in the air
Godín's 14 most recent goals have all been headers; his last goal scored with a shot was against Valladolid in September 2012.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: why is Arizona receiving praise from the White House?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: Champions League preview
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane