10 months later
Atlético de Madrid have finally brought one of the most negatives run of the Simeone era to an end. It was precisely the team's threat from corner set-pieces which helped the Rojiblancos lift the league in 2014, but it has been almost 10 months since the team has found the target from a corner.
Before Godín's strike in El Sadar this afternoon, the last Atleti player to score from one of their famous 'penalty-corners' was Saúl against Eibar at the Calderón back on 6 February. In the season in which Atlético won the league, 18 of the 73 goals the team scored were headers.
Something in the air
Godín's 14 most recent goals have all been headers; his last goal scored with a shot was against Valladolid in September 2012.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Ibra and Galaxy earn LAFC tie as Union win seven-goal thriller
- MAN UNITED-LIVERPOOL Mourinho says Liverpool boss Klopp 'didn't like the menu' at Man Utd
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Jovic concerns continue after Mallorca defeat
- PREMIER LEAGUE Rashford's goal showed all the problems with VAR - Klopp
- REAL MADRID My lovely horse: Odriozola buys a racehorse before Mallorca game
- BARCELONA Barcelona trio come to life: 13 goals between them so far