10 months later
Atlético de Madrid have finally brought one of the most negatives run of the Simeone era to an end. It was precisely the team's threat from corner set-pieces which helped the Rojiblancos lift the league in 2014, but it has been almost 10 months since the team has found the target from a corner.
Before Godín's strike in El Sadar this afternoon, the last Atleti player to score from one of their famous 'penalty-corners' was Saúl against Eibar at the Calderón back on 6 February. In the season in which Atlético won the league, 18 of the 73 goals the team scored were headers.
Something in the air
Godín's 14 most recent goals have all been headers; his last goal scored with a shot was against Valladolid in September 2012.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Bale becomes a big problem
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid confirm Lucas Vázquez injury
- World Cup 2022 Three years until 2022 Qatar World Cup kicks off
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020 play-offs draw: how and where to watch: times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Manchester City vs Chelsea, game of the weekend
- REAL MADRID-REAL SOCIEDAD Odegaard: "If I score against Real Madrid, I won't celebrate"