Arsenal closed the gap on Premier League leaders Chelsea as Alexis Sánchez bagged a brace in a 3-1 win over Bournemouth on Sunday.
Sánchez on song
Arsene Wenger's side are within three points of top spot after Chile forward Sánchez struck in each half at the Emirates Stadium to take his goal tally for the season to 10. Sánchez gave Arsenal an early lead before Callum Wilson equalised with a penalty before the interval.
Theo Walcott headed The Gunners back in front just 24 hours after the birth of his second child and Sánchez wrapped up the points. After drawing three of their last four league games to fall six points behind Chelsea, this was a timely victory for fourth-placed Arsenal, who are now unbeaten in their last 19 matches in all competitions and firmly in the title race.
Wenger mixes it up
Even Wenger conceded Arsenal had lost their momentum of late and, in a bid to revitalise his team, the boss made seven changes from the midweek draw against Paris Saint-Germain. France striker Olivier Giroud dropped to the bench and there was a recall for right-back Mathieu Debuchy, who last played for Arsenal in November 2015.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: WHO approves Sinopharm | Efficacy, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- ENTERTAINMENT Jupiter's Legacy cast: who is who in the Netflix series?
- MOTHER'S DAY 2021 Do florists deliver flowers on Mother’s Day? What are the most common flowers?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES Sinopharm vaccine: efficacy, dose, stock and differences with Pfizer, Sinovac, Moderna, Janssen...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS When will SSI recipients receive the Golden State Stimulus?