Arsenal closed the gap on Premier League leaders Chelsea as Alexis Sánchez bagged a brace in a 3-1 win over Bournemouth on Sunday.
Sánchez on song
Arsene Wenger's side are within three points of top spot after Chile forward Sánchez struck in each half at the Emirates Stadium to take his goal tally for the season to 10. Sánchez gave Arsenal an early lead before Callum Wilson equalised with a penalty before the interval.
Theo Walcott headed The Gunners back in front just 24 hours after the birth of his second child and Sánchez wrapped up the points. After drawing three of their last four league games to fall six points behind Chelsea, this was a timely victory for fourth-placed Arsenal, who are now unbeaten in their last 19 matches in all competitions and firmly in the title race.
Wenger mixes it up
Even Wenger conceded Arsenal had lost their momentum of late and, in a bid to revitalise his team, the boss made seven changes from the midweek draw against Paris Saint-Germain. France striker Olivier Giroud dropped to the bench and there was a recall for right-back Mathieu Debuchy, who last played for Arsenal in November 2015.
Te recomendamos en English
- Bundesliga Jadon Sancho sets Bundesliga assist record in Arminia win
- FOOTBALL Transfer news round-up: Liverpool eyeing Gerard return as Klopp exit looms
- BOXING Canelo finishes Yildirim in three rounds to retain world titles
- NBA Mavs snap Nets' eight-game winning streak, Embiid scores 42 but 76ers lose in OT
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT 2021 Will I be able to apply for a third stimulus check and $3000 child tax credit?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | How much, who qualifies, Child tax credit | Live