OSASUNA 0-3 ATLÉTICO
Simeone: "Oblak's penalty save was the turning point"
Caparrós entiende que su equipo fue de más a manos: "Hemos empezado fenomenal, siendom incómodos, pero luego nos han marcado goles infantiles".
Diego Pablo Simeone gave his musings on Atlético's 0-3 victory against Osasuna at El Sadar which puts his team provisionally fourth in the standings ahead of Real Sociedad's meeting with Barcelona later this evening.
Atlético have recovered a lot of aspects to their game...
I'm sure this has been an important game for us. Osasuna began strongly. The penalty save was decisive, it shook us into putting ourselves back into the game. After Godín's goal, we started to get a few openings coming our way. In the second half, we were ordered enough to kill the match off.
What exactly have Ateti recovered?
Nothing, because we haven't lost anything. Football is constantly changing throughout a season. I was very happy to see Oblack save that penalty, which was complicated. I'm really happy for him.
Carrasco, Saúl, Thomas
You had the chance to give minutes to other players in the second half
I never felt very comfortable during the game because Osasuna are a side who never give in. The changes were made so that could continue defending our lead.
Lucas came up with the goods…
Once again he showed us that he always reponds in the best way. I'm not surprised because he's one of ours. His participatiopn in the game is always aggressive and intense.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo loving Sarri's new-look Juventus
- Premier League Pochettino: "This is the first time they've been in a tough period"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea: "I can understand why Giroud feels unhappy" admits Lampard
- FIFA CWC New 24 team FIFA Club World Cup set to be held in China
- MANCHESTER CITY Guardiola: Man City still not ready to win Champions League
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho joy at Liverpool's Old Trafford stalemate "The record is mine not theirs"