Diego Simeone has shown his pure joy over his son’s standout performance for Italian side Genoa on the weekend.
Gio Simeone scored a brace for the Serie A side in their unexpected 3-1 home win over Juventus on Sunday, spurring dad Diego to express his pride on social media.
“Emotional”, tweeted the Atletico Madrid coach after the game, accompanied by an image of himself scoring against Juventus during his playing days at Lazio. Below that appeared a photo of Gio’s celebration against La Vecchia Signora, striking an uncannily similar pose to his father.
Despite the loss, Juventus continue to lead Serie A with 33 points, four ahead of Roma, while Genoa move to 9th with 19 points.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Man City chief says alleged FFP breaches are "simply not true"
- Qatar 2022 Eto'o: The 2022 World Cup will be an exceptional experience for fans
- Dortmund 2-1 PSG Haaland: Dortmund star touches world 60m record against PSG
- ATLÉTICO MADRID "Anfield's very old, it wouldn't pass the UEFA inspection"
- Champions League Mourinho looking to end six-year Champions League drought
- Transfer market Messi: LA Galaxy offer Barça star escape route amid crisis