Córdoba bin Oltra with JIM primed to take over
The Andalusian club has sacked José Luis Oltra after a run of nine games without a win, culminating in a home loss to Getafe. JIM is set for a return.
Córdoba on Monday announced the sacking of manager José Luis Oltra, in the wake of a home loss to Getafe a day earlier that extended the side’s winless run to nine games.
From second to 16th
Córdoba issued a statement on the club’s website thanking Oltra for his work and wishing him all the best for his future career. Last season, after joining the club in summer 2015, Oltra led Córdoba to the playoffs but they were beaten by Girona in the semi-finals. He leaves the club 16th in Segunda with four wins from 16 games. The side were in second position in week seven but are now just two points from the relegation places.
Fifth Segunda manager to be canned
Oltra is the fifth Segunda manager to be sacked this season, after Juan Esnaider (Getafe), Cosmin Contra (Alcorcón), Luis Milla (Zaragoza) and José Ramón Sandoval (Rayo Vallecano).
The favourite to take over from Oltra is former Levante, Valladolid and Almería boss Juan Ignacio Martínez, who is currently the manager of Shanghai Shenxin.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Celebrating America inauguration concert & event: schedule, artists, singers & line-up
- FORTNITE Fortnite Pelé Cup: times & how to get his emote and new soccer skins for free
- MLS USMNT Henry Wingo is transferred to Ferencvaros TC
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is an EIP card and how do I get one?
- NFL SUPER BOWL 2021 Have Packers, Bills, Chiefs & Buccaneers ever been in or won a Super Bowl?
- US NEWS $15 per hour minimum wage: who has supported and who has criticized the proposal?