Córdoba bin Oltra with JIM primed to take over
The Andalusian club has sacked José Luis Oltra after a run of nine games without a win, culminating in a home loss to Getafe. JIM is set for a return.
Córdoba on Monday announced the sacking of manager José Luis Oltra, in the wake of a home loss to Getafe a day earlier that extended the side’s winless run to nine games.
From second to 16th
Córdoba issued a statement on the club’s website thanking Oltra for his work and wishing him all the best for his future career. Last season, after joining the club in summer 2015, Oltra led Córdoba to the playoffs but they were beaten by Girona in the semi-finals. He leaves the club 16th in Segunda with four wins from 16 games. The side were in second position in week seven but are now just two points from the relegation places.
Fifth Segunda manager to be canned
Oltra is the fifth Segunda manager to be sacked this season, after Juan Esnaider (Getafe), Cosmin Contra (Alcorcón), Luis Milla (Zaragoza) and José Ramón Sandoval (Rayo Vallecano).
The favourite to take over from Oltra is former Levante, Valladolid and Almería boss Juan Ignacio Martínez, who is currently the manager of Shanghai Shenxin.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHELSEA-REAL MADRID Chelsea - Real Madrid: possible starting line-ups for the Champions League
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE What are Christian Pulisic's Champions League stats and records?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Chelsea vs Real Madrid: Champions League live online
- BOXING What is Floyd Mayweather’s net worth?
- 2021 TAX FILING Biden tax plan calculator: how could your taxes and credits change?
- CORONAVIRUS US Pfizer/BioNtech covid-19 vaccine for kids: ages, who can get and when?