Córdoba bin Oltra with JIM primed to take over
The Andalusian club has sacked José Luis Oltra after a run of nine games without a win, culminating in a home loss to Getafe. JIM is set for a return.
Córdoba on Monday announced the sacking of manager José Luis Oltra, in the wake of a home loss to Getafe a day earlier that extended the side’s winless run to nine games.
From second to 16th
Córdoba issued a statement on the club’s website thanking Oltra for his work and wishing him all the best for his future career. Last season, after joining the club in summer 2015, Oltra led Córdoba to the playoffs but they were beaten by Girona in the semi-finals. He leaves the club 16th in Segunda with four wins from 16 games. The side were in second position in week seven but are now just two points from the relegation places.
Fifth Segunda manager to be canned
Oltra is the fifth Segunda manager to be sacked this season, after Juan Esnaider (Getafe), Cosmin Contra (Alcorcón), Luis Milla (Zaragoza) and José Ramón Sandoval (Rayo Vallecano).
The favourite to take over from Oltra is former Levante, Valladolid and Almería boss Juan Ignacio Martínez, who is currently the manager of Shanghai Shenxin.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in New York (NY): how to claim my extra 300$
- Amazon Prime Day Amazon Prime Day: Latest News and when will it be?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: when is the deadline to register for non-filers?
- Coronavirus USA Stimulus check: what’s happening with the $1,200 plan being pushed by Democrats?
- US ELECTIONS US elections 2020: Can I vote by mail without an excuse?
- Supreme Court Who are the possible nominees Trump could name to replace Ruth Bader Ginsberg?