Kroos: Real Madrid man would 'sign' Bale, Modric for Germany
The Germany midfielder was asked in an interview to choose one club-mate to take to his national side - and responded by picking two...
Real Madrid's Toni Kroos has told Kicker that the two club-mates he'd choose to 'sign' for the Germany team are Gareth Bale and Luka Modric.
Kroos goes for former Spurs duo
Speaking to the German football magazine, Kroos was asked to select one Real colleague - but responded by requesting both of the ex-Tottenham Hotspur men.
The 26-year-old World Cup winner, capped 74 times by Die Mannschaft, explained that Croatia captain Modric is an excellent midfield foil for him at Madrid.
On Welshman Bale, meanwhile, the former Bayern Munich player underlined the attacker's "speed, great left foot and super aerial ability."
Could hang up his boots at Los Merengues
The interview also saw Kroos, who joined Real in summer 2014, suggest that he could retire when his current Bernabéu contract ends in 2022.
Currently out with a broken foot suffered earlier in November, he will miss the LaLiga leaders' El Clásico clash with Barcelona on Saturday.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is ivermectin and how does it work?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: UK lockdown could end "in weeks" says government advisor
- Coronavirus Coronavirus UK: Police chief calls for public to play their part this weekend
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is furlough and how will it affect workers?
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Details of Neymar Sr's meeting with Bartomeu to resolve lawsuit revealed
- India Coronavirus India: Why and when to switch off lights and light candles?