Kroos: Real Madrid man would 'sign' Bale, Modric for Germany
The Germany midfielder was asked in an interview to choose one club-mate to take to his national side - and responded by picking two...
Real Madrid's Toni Kroos has told Kicker that the two club-mates he'd choose to 'sign' for the Germany team are Gareth Bale and Luka Modric.
Kroos goes for former Spurs duo
Speaking to the German football magazine, Kroos was asked to select one Real colleague - but responded by requesting both of the ex-Tottenham Hotspur men.
The 26-year-old World Cup winner, capped 74 times by Die Mannschaft, explained that Croatia captain Modric is an excellent midfield foil for him at Madrid.
On Welshman Bale, meanwhile, the former Bayern Munich player underlined the attacker's "speed, great left foot and super aerial ability."
Could hang up his boots at Los Merengues
The interview also saw Kroos, who joined Real in summer 2014, suggest that he could retire when his current Bernabéu contract ends in 2022.
Currently out with a broken foot suffered earlier in November, he will miss the LaLiga leaders' El Clásico clash with Barcelona on Saturday.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win