Barça's Camp Nou second in European attendance ranking
Portuguese sports daily A Bola has conducted a survey to the top stadiums in Europe this season attendance-wiseChelsea - Barcelona U - 19 live: UEFA Youth League final
Both FC Barcelona and Real Madrid feature in the top European stadiums with the highest attendance levels for the current 2016/17 campaign.
The survey was carried out by Lisbon based sports daily A Bola and features one Portuguese club with current league champions SL Benfica in eighth position with an average attendance of 55.174 spectators so far this season , an increase on last season's average of 50.322 fans.
Barça's Camp Nou is second in the ranking with an average of 79.532 fans per home game some 9.796 more than eternal rivals Real Madrid and their Santiago Bernabéu home.
Borussia Dortmund, top of the table
The Signal Iduna Park tops the survey with an average of 80.977 packed into every home Bundesliga game. The famous terraced Südtribüne alone houses 24.454 spectators and forms the iconic "Yellow Wall".
Serie A absent
No Italian teams make the top ten and the French Ligue 1 is also conspicuous by it's absence despite Olympique Marseille's Stade Velódrome having a 67.394 capacity.
Top 10 European stadiums with highest average attendance (16/17)
1: Borussia Dortmund (80 977 spectators)
2: FC Barcelona (79 532)
3: Manchester United (75 282)
4: Bayern Munich (75 000)
5: Real Madrid (69 736)
6: Schalke 04 (60 790)
7: Arsenal (60 004)
8: Benfica (55 174)
9: Manchester City (54 041)
10: Hamburg (54 100).
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in New York (NY): how to claim my extra 300$
- Amazon Prime Day Amazon Prime Day: Latest News and when will it be?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: when is the deadline to register for non-filers?
- Coronavirus USA Stimulus check: what’s happening with the $1,200 plan being pushed by Democrats?
- US ELECTIONS US elections 2020: Can I vote by mail without an excuse?
- Supreme Court Who are the possible nominees Trump could name to replace Ruth Bader Ginsberg?