Rafa Benitez's Newcastle United and Recreativo de Huelva have reached an agreement that will see promising 17 year old talent Juan Jesús Núñez Cumbrera 'Juanito' move to the Championship side in England.
EFE report that 'Juanito' has made a name for himself in the regional youth leagues in Andalucia as the striker made his way through the Huelva based club's youth system. This very summer another young talent, David Alfonso left Spain's oldest football club and moved to FC Barcelona.
Currently playing in the third tier of Spanish football (2B), Recre have been living precariously with the club close to being wound up last season. Now under new administration faced with turning the club's fortunes around on the pitch and off the pitch financially, the current economic situation was key in accepting the bid from Rafa Benitez's Magpies despite the club trying to retain promising players emerging in the under-age system at Recreativo.
Te recomendamos en English
- European football Cristiano Ronaldo hands Kylian Mbappé the throne
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos' contract talks are complicated
- Transfer talk PSG's Icardi could move to Juventus, suggests his agent
- Transfer talk Real Madrid and Man Utd target Van de Beek: Ajax hopeful
- MANCHESTER UNITED Pogba nowhere near ready for Man Utd return, says Solskjaer
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Marcelo has become a liability