Rafa Benitez's Newcastle United and Recreativo de Huelva have reached an agreement that will see promising 17 year old talent Juan Jesús Núñez Cumbrera 'Juanito' move to the Championship side in England.
EFE report that 'Juanito' has made a name for himself in the regional youth leagues in Andalucia as the striker made his way through the Huelva based club's youth system. This very summer another young talent, David Alfonso left Spain's oldest football club and moved to FC Barcelona.
Currently playing in the third tier of Spanish football (2B), Recre have been living precariously with the club close to being wound up last season. Now under new administration faced with turning the club's fortunes around on the pitch and off the pitch financially, the current economic situation was key in accepting the bid from Rafa Benitez's Magpies despite the club trying to retain promising players emerging in the under-age system at Recreativo.
Te recomendamos en English
- COPA AMERICA Uruguay fire blank in Argentina loss but Tabarez's legend grows
- EURO 2020 Portugal in form but can Ronaldo, Santos and co be fun?
- REAL MADRID Pau Torres, a future option for Real Madrid
- SERIE A Mourinho ready for Roma challenge after past mistakes
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid ready to sell Jovic
- NBA Which teams have played in the NBA Eastern Conference finals the most?