Paris Saint-Germain have initiated contact with Lionel Messi's father, Jorge, over a potential move for the Barcelona star, according to a report in France.
Media outlet RTL says PSG have begun laying the groundwork for transfer negotiations through their director of football, ex-Barça striker Patrick Kluivert.
Messi to see out current Barcelona deal?
Messi is yet to renew his contract at the Camp Nou, which expires in 2018, and it is being suggested he could run down the deal and join the Ligue 1 giants.
Meanwhile, sources at Barcelona say the Catalan club are preparing to sit down with Messi Sr, also the player's agent, for extension talks after Saturday's El Clásico.
12 years since Blaugrana bow
29-year-old Messi has made 549 appearances for Los Azulgranas since his competitive debut in October 2004, scoring a total of 475 goals.
The Argentina captain netted Barça's equaliser on Sunday as the LaLiga champions drew 1-1 at Real Sociedad to slip six points behind leaders Real Madrid.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Iván Zamorano: “Raúl Jiménez is as good or even better than Karim Benzema”
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: US citizens buying more guns amid pandemic
- Coronavirus USA Coronavirus: how will stimulus checks work in the United States?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Bill Gates told Rafa Nadal Covid-19 pandemic would become "complicated"
- CORONAVIRUS | INDIA How to apply for Delhi curfew passes online?
- REAL MADRID Racing president: "Lautaro turned down Madrid when he was 18"