Conflict over at Granada with Barral set to return to training
The internal conflict at Granada between David Barral and Isaac Cuenca has been resolved and the striker is set to return to training.
Barral to return
Spanish radio network Cadena SER report that Granada have resolved their internal problems at the club after an incident between Isaac Cuenca and David Barral with the Cadiz born striker set to return to training with the struggling Spanish outfit tomorrow.
Last Thursday the Andalusian side confirmed that they had suspended Barral and frozen his wages after an incident the previous Monday at the training centre cafeteria where Barral was alleged to have struck Cuenca following an argument.
The club prohibited Barral from discussing the situation via social media networks demanding a public apology and confirmation from the player that he was the perpetrator of the incident. This prompted Barral to consider legal action against the football club. Subsequently the 33 year old San Fernando native played down the affair after having spoken with Isaac Cuenca.
Granada propping up LaLiga
Granada, who replaced head coach Paco Jémez with Lucas Alcaraz in October, are winless so far in LaLiga this term and sit bottom of the table with just five points.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Why is Sergio Ramos not in Spain squad?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Monday 14 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- EURO 2020 Denmark's Eriksen thanks life-savers and vows to understand what caused cardiac arrest
- Copa America Brazil's Tite hails Neymar but stops short of Ronaldo and Romario comparisons
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is it coming in June? Tax refund status, homeowner stimulus check, child tax payment...
- US NEWS G7 summit recap: what did Joe Biden say about meeting Queen Elizabeth?