Ex-Atlético player Cléber Santana dies in Chapecoense plane crash
Cléber Santana was signed by Atletico Madrid from Santos in 2007 for €8m before being sold to Sao Paulo in 2010. He was on board a plane carrying the Chapecoense team that crashed in Colombia on Tuesday
76 confirmed dead
The plane was carrying players and staff of the Brazilian Serie A side to play in a Copa Sudamericana match in Medellin on Wesdneday, but failed to reach its destination.
Authorities have confirmed that 76 people out of 81 on board are dead, with the only known survivors from the Chapecoense team s confirmed as defender Alan Ruschel and goalkeepers Danilo and Jackson Follmann.
€8m signing from Santos
Former Atleti player Santana signed for the club in 2007 from Santos for €8m and played 38 games. One year later he was loaned to Mallorca before being sold to Sao Paulo in 2010.
Te recomendamos en English
- US ELECTION USA elections 2020 live online updates: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks, latest news
- Latest News The UK goes back into lockdown as covid-19 cases rise
- LaLiga Alaves - Barcelona live online: LaLiga 2020-21
- PREMIER LEAGUE Pulisic set for scan on hamstring injury, Lampard confirms
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola: 'My time as a Barcelona manager is over'
- Real Madrid 4-1 Huesca Zidane plays down Hazard's muted Huesca celebration