Gareth Bale undergoes operation in London on injured ankle
The operation took place on Tuesday at the King Edward VII Hospital, London, with the exact date of his return depending on how the Real Madrid forward recovers from the surgical procedure
- Coverage reschudeled match of LaLiga Santander: Celta-Real Madrid live .
Gareth Bale travelled to London on Monday in order to undergo an operation on his injured right ankle on Tuesday afternoon.
The Welshman suffered dislocated tendons in the Champions League game against Sporting Lisbon last week and was subsequently ruled out of action for up to four months when the severity of the injury was discovered.
King Edward VII Hospital
Bale’s operation is taking place at King Edward VII Hospital, London, and is being performed by Surgeon James Calder. Club doctors Jesús Olmo and Mikel Aramberri are also in attendance.
Return in the balance
The exact date of Bale’s return depends on how the Real Madrid forward recovers from surgery, but it may not be until March, meaning he would miss a host of important LaLiga games, the World Club Cup and the Champions League Round of 16.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby