Gareth Bale undergoes operation in London on injured ankle
The operation took place on Tuesday at the King Edward VII Hospital, London, with the exact date of his return depending on how the Real Madrid forward recovers from the surgical procedure
- Coverage reschudeled match of LaLiga Santander: Celta-Real Madrid live .
Gareth Bale travelled to London on Monday in order to undergo an operation on his injured right ankle on Tuesday afternoon.
The Welshman suffered dislocated tendons in the Champions League game against Sporting Lisbon last week and was subsequently ruled out of action for up to four months when the severity of the injury was discovered.
King Edward VII Hospital
Bale’s operation is taking place at King Edward VII Hospital, London, and is being performed by Surgeon James Calder. Club doctors Jesús Olmo and Mikel Aramberri are also in attendance.
Return in the balance
The exact date of Bale’s return depends on how the Real Madrid forward recovers from surgery, but it may not be until March, meaning he would miss a host of important LaLiga games, the World Club Cup and the Champions League Round of 16.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: who is getting extra money, why and how much?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid and Barça to battle it out for Haaland and Alaba
- EL CLÁSICO Piqué fighting until last minute for El Clásico start
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City vs Leeds United: live!
- GOLF | AUGUSTA MASTERS 2021 Olazábal dedicates Masters cut to late compatriot Ballesteros
- EL CLÁSICO Real Madrid vs Barcelona: which players have played on both teams?