Real Madrid's Gareth Bale has undergone surgery in the United Kingdom on dislocated ankle tendons, the LaLiga club confirmed on Tuesday evening.
"Bale has successfully come through the operation"
In a statement on their official website, Real said: "Our player Gareth Bale has successfully come through the operation he underwent today after suffering an injury to the peroneal tendons in his right ankle.
"The operation was carried out at London's King Edward VII Hospital by Dr. James Calder and Real Madrid Sanitas' Dr. Mikel Aramberri, under the supervision of Dr. Jesús Olmo, head of Real Madrid's medical department."
Injured in Champions League victory
Bale suffered the injury in Los Blancos' Champions League win over Sporting CP a week ago, and is expected to be on the sidelines for around two to three months.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Real Madrid watch as tensions grow between Mbappé and PSG
- EURO 2020 Cristiano Ronaldo becomes European Championship's record goalscorer
- NBA Who are the highest paid NBA players in 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: what organizations are in favor of a new payment?
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?