Real Madrid's Gareth Bale has undergone surgery in the United Kingdom on dislocated ankle tendons, the LaLiga club confirmed on Tuesday evening.
"Bale has successfully come through the operation"
In a statement on their official website, Real said: "Our player Gareth Bale has successfully come through the operation he underwent today after suffering an injury to the peroneal tendons in his right ankle.
"The operation was carried out at London's King Edward VII Hospital by Dr. James Calder and Real Madrid Sanitas' Dr. Mikel Aramberri, under the supervision of Dr. Jesús Olmo, head of Real Madrid's medical department."
Injured in Champions League victory
Bale suffered the injury in Los Blancos' Champions League win over Sporting CP a week ago, and is expected to be on the sidelines for around two to three months.
Te recomendamos en English
- MANCHESTER UNITED Pogba nowhere near ready for Man Utd return, says Solskjaer
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Marcelo has become a liability
- MANCHESTER CITY Guardiola "100 percent" behind City after Champions League ban
- BARCELONA Messi on Barcelona social media scandal: "It's a strange subject"
- VAR Wenger VAR offside proposal ruled out by IFAB for now
- MANCHESTER UNITED Van Persie: Man Utd can't keep changing coaches, give Solskjaer time