Hugo Sánchez tells Jémez: "You should have called me…"
The ex-Real Madrid, Atleti and Rayo Vallecano player warns newly-appointed Cruz Azul coach of the dangers of signing a contract without adding clauses.
Spanish coach Paco Jémez is now on board at Cruz Azul following several weeks of talks but the 46-year-old faces a tough challenge in his new post with the Mexican outfit and Hugo Sánchez wishes he had contacted him first before putting pen to paper.
Coaching La Máquina doesn't come without its dangers, the former striker told ESPN: “I'm surprised that Paco didn't call me first because I've spent a long time in Spain.I would have liked Jémez to have got in touch as I played for Rayo Vallecano and Mexican football isn't shown on Spanish television".
Sánchez said he would have advised Jémez to include a number of clauses into the contract he signed with Cruz Azul to protect himself. “I'd have told him to be very careful as to what he signed and I would have included a clause impeding them from signing players. Paco, you should have given me a call. I would have told you what Cruz Azul is all about”.
Hugo believes that in hiring Jémez, Cruz Azul directors are looking to shield themselves and deflect the fury of the press and fans. “I'd like to think that he can triumph there, by I have a feeling that the Cruz Azul set-up is to pile all of the blame on him. It's a club which needs a fall guy. They called Jémez and he accepted”, he concluded.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID 4 games in 12 days that could shape Real Madrid's season
- 2019 Gulf Cup Bahrain beat Saudi Arabia to win the 2019 Gulf Cup
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's 'RBV', Zidane's alternative to the 'BBC'
- Aston Villa vs Leicester City Jamie Vardy becomes first player to score in eight straight PL games since ... Jamie Vardy!
- Serie A Zlatan to Serie A not a foregone conclusion, says Raiola
- REAL MADRID Bale back in full training with Real Madrid