Mariano, the fastest ever for Real Madrid
Mariano Díaz has gone into the Real Madrid record books. The Spanish-Dominican striker scored the fastest goal ever by a Real Madrid player in the Spanish Copa del Rey, in Zidane's side's 6-1 win over Cultural Leonesa in the Bernabéu on Wednesday night.
Mistake from Cultural Leonesa
The Academy player, starting for the first time for the Real Madrid first team, opened the scoring after just 23 seconds, after a mistake from the Cultural defence as they brought the ball out. Asensio saw Mariano's run, and he simply had to pick his spot, and watch the net bulge as he went into the record books.
This was also the fastest goal from Real Madrid in all competitions in the last six years. Karim Benzema notched in just 22 seconds against Barcelona in 2011.
Mariano claimed a hat-trick
But Mariano wasn't done with his lightning fast early strike. He'd bagged a brace by the end of the first half, and rounded off his hat-trick in the second 45. And that puts him alongside no less of a name than Raúl, the last Academy player to score three goals in the same Copa del Rey match, in his case against Real Unión in 2008.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Gareth Bale needs to find his positive confidence, says Mourinho
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo reaches yet another goal milestone
- Coronavirus Bipartisan stimulus bill: what’s in the $900 billion proposal?
- REAL MADRID Has Zidane's luck run out at Real Madrid?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Borussia Dortmund lose Haaland to hamstring injury
- GAMING Fortnite: How to get The Mandalorian skin with Baby Yoda in Season 5