Unai Emery has said that he’d like to see better progression from Jesé Rogríguez at Paris Saint Germain.
During a press conference following PSG’s 2-0 win over Angers on Tuesday, the Spanish coach congratulated various players for their performance, however singled out the former-Real Madrid forward for a need to improve.
Jesé "could be better" - Emery
“The team is working well and all the new players are doing what’s asked of them,” he said. “I’m happy with the performance of Krychowiak, Miller and Hatem. I hope that Jesé progresses – it could be better – little by little.”
The striker, who signed for PSG from Los Blancos in the summer, has played most of his football from the bench this season and has scored just one goal in 10 games.
Signing Jesé a mistake - PSG fans
Jesé has also hit the headlines more for his lifestyle than his football since arriving at the club. With that as the backdrop, L'Equipe ran an online poll last month, asking if PSG had made a mistake in signing Jesé. The answer was a resounding 'oui'. With 20,000 votes cast, 75% said that yes, Jesé's signing had been a mistake. Only 19% still hold out hope that the transfer will turn out well, while 6% weren't sure or didn't vote.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus check: what to do if the deadline has passed?
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...