Chapecoense: Champions League and Europa League silence
Uefa have announced that all games in the Champions League and Europa League for next week will begin with a minute's silence in memory of those lost in Colombia.
Moment of respect for those that were lost
A minute's silence for the Chapecoense football players killed in a plane disaster in Colombia will be held before every Champions League and Europa League game next week, UEFA said Thursday.
'This tragedy has shaken the world of football and we would like to send our support to all of those affected by it,' said UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin in announcing the gesture.
A tragedy that has touched the world
Most of the Brazilian club's players and coaching staff were among 71 people killed when a plane carrying them to the Copa Sudamericana final against Atletico Nacional crashed near Medellin in Colombia earlier this week.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Cristiano angers Juventus team mates by skipping training to go shopping for a Ferrari
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp congratulates Pep on Manchester City success
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Marcelo ruled out of Granada trip
- US News Fourth stimulus check: updates on new relief bill negotiation in Congress
- Coronavirus Can kids between the ages of 12-15 get a covid-19 vaccine?
- US News Colonial Pipeline: Which states are suffering gas shortages and what has caused it?