Chapecoense: Champions League and Europa League silence
Uefa have announced that all games in the Champions League and Europa League for next week will begin with a minute's silence in memory of those lost in Colombia.
Moment of respect for those that were lost
A minute's silence for the Chapecoense football players killed in a plane disaster in Colombia will be held before every Champions League and Europa League game next week, UEFA said Thursday.
'This tragedy has shaken the world of football and we would like to send our support to all of those affected by it,' said UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin in announcing the gesture.
A tragedy that has touched the world
Most of the Brazilian club's players and coaching staff were among 71 people killed when a plane carrying them to the Copa Sudamericana final against Atletico Nacional crashed near Medellin in Colombia earlier this week.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO 2020 Tokyo 2020 Olympics - Football Tournament draws: as it happened
- FOOTBALL European Super League, live updates: all English clubs withdraw, reactions, Florentino Pérez, UEFA, clubs
- FOOTBALL European Super League 'hugely embarrassing' for Madrid president Perez
- FOOTBALL Inter and Atletico withdraw as Agnelli says European Super League is a no-go
- George and Clippers nip Blazers late, Irving leads way for Nets
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim