Chapecoense: Champions League and Europa League silence
Uefa have announced that all games in the Champions League and Europa League for next week will begin with a minute's silence in memory of those lost in Colombia.
Moment of respect for those that were lost
A minute's silence for the Chapecoense football players killed in a plane disaster in Colombia will be held before every Champions League and Europa League game next week, UEFA said Thursday.
'This tragedy has shaken the world of football and we would like to send our support to all of those affected by it,' said UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin in announcing the gesture.
A tragedy that has touched the world
Most of the Brazilian club's players and coaching staff were among 71 people killed when a plane carrying them to the Copa Sudamericana final against Atletico Nacional crashed near Medellin in Colombia earlier this week.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5: stock updates at Walmart, Costco, GameStop Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS $300 unemployment benefits: are there new proposals to extend them?
- Liga MX Chivas vs Leon live online: Liga MX Playoffs Semifinal Leg 1
- US News What stimulus and executive actions does Biden plan for his first 100 days?
- PSG Neymar: What I want most is to play with Messi again
- NBA NBA 2020-21 season: Lakers-Clippers clash, Durant's Warriors reunion headline opening night