Globoesporte: CONMEBOL to name Chapecoense as champions
The highest ranking organisation in South America will make it official in the next couple of days and they promise to play the Copa Libertadores next year, the Brazilian media outlet reports Lyon vs PSG: Women´s Champions League Final
CONMEBOL will make if official in two days that Chapecoense are the new champions of the Copa Sudamericana 2016, according to the informed Globoesporte. The highest ranking organisation in South American football have accepted Atletico Nacional's pleas to award the competition to the Brazilian side and CONMEBOL are also expected to allow Chape play in the Copa Libertadores next season.
After the fatal plane crash that killed 71 people, including the majority of Chapecoense's squad and technical staff, it was said that they would still have to play the final against their Colombian opposition, Atletico Nacional. In a one-off request, they asked CONMEBOL to award the Brazilian side the title.
There have been many demonstrations of respect for Chapecoense as the unfortunate football club are now faced with a future filled with doubt. That includes a request that they be immune from relegation for three years, and be loaned players for free. Many of the top clubs have said they would step up
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Getafe: how and where to watch LaLiga - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Manchester City vs Liverpool preview
- Bundesliga Rummenigge: Timing has never been right for Bayern to target Klopp
- CSL Delayed Chinese Super League season to kick off on July 25
- LALIGA Atlético boss Simeone speechless after Griezmann's brief Barça cameo
- Ligue 1 Rennes won't accept €80m from Madrid for Camavinga – Maurice