Globoesporte: CONMEBOL to name Chapecoense as champions
The highest ranking organisation in South America will make it official in the next couple of days and they promise to play the Copa Libertadores next year, the Brazilian media outlet reports Lyon vs PSG: Women´s Champions League Final
CONMEBOL will make if official in two days that Chapecoense are the new champions of the Copa Sudamericana 2016, according to the informed Globoesporte. The highest ranking organisation in South American football have accepted Atletico Nacional's pleas to award the competition to the Brazilian side and CONMEBOL are also expected to allow Chape play in the Copa Libertadores next season.
After the fatal plane crash that killed 71 people, including the majority of Chapecoense's squad and technical staff, it was said that they would still have to play the final against their Colombian opposition, Atletico Nacional. In a one-off request, they asked CONMEBOL to award the Brazilian side the title.
There have been many demonstrations of respect for Chapecoense as the unfortunate football club are now faced with a future filled with doubt. That includes a request that they be immune from relegation for three years, and be loaned players for free. Many of the top clubs have said they would step up
Te recomendamos en English
- Tottenham form is not 'Spursy' but defending must improve - Mourinho
- JUVENTUS Cristiano shows off new close-crop haircut during Covid-19 quarantine
- 2020 MLB WORLD SERIES LA Dodgers - Tampa Bay Rays: odds in the series of the MLB World Series 2020
- PREMIER LEAGUE Solskjaer confirms Bailly injury blow for Manchester United
- BUNDESLIGA Manchester City: Angeliño is benefitting from Guardiola education, says Nagelsmann
- FOOTBALL Figo: "A European Premier League would destroy football"