Hector Bellerín has become one of Arsenal’s most important players since joining the club from Barcelona back in 2011 when he was just 16.
Now 21, Bellerín’s Premier League performances have helped him break into the Spain squad and linked him with a move back to Catalonia – increasingly so since Dani Alves left the Spanish champions during the summer.
Barça and Man City interest
However, last week Bellerín decided to commit his future to the Gunners by signing a new long-term contract and effectively snub the interests of his old club as well Pep Guardiola – who was reportedly interested in taking the full-back to Manchester City.
Speaking to the Daily Mirror, Bellerín has revealed that Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger was the major factor in his decision to stay in London.
"Arsene was the reason I signed"
"Arsene was really influential for me on the moment when I signed to come over here," he said. "He was there talking to me when I first got to the Emirates and he was one of the reasons why I signed with the club.
"Just the confidence he has given me, especially after not the greatest debut at [Borussia] Dortmund. My first games weren’t the best!
"From then, I always knew I wanted to pay him off and that’s what I’m doing right now and obviously that is why I wanted to stay at the club."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is a payment coming? IRS tax return deadline, Child Tax Credit
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: CDC says fully vaccinated no mask, guidelines, Ohio lottery...
- Serie A Ronaldo will lead Juve exodus without Champions League - Vieri
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid boss Zidane: Sometimes a change is best for everyone
- BOXING Floyd Mayweather vs Logan Paul: PPV cost and how to buy
- NBA Doc Rivers: top seed part of journey to ultimate goal for 76ers