Zinedine Zidane, Claudio Ranieri and Fernando Santos have been announced as the three coaches to be nominated for the Best FIFA Men's Coach 2016 award after initially being named on the 10-man shortlist.
Real Madrid coach Zidane led Los Blancos to the Champions League Trophy in May after only five months in charge of the club, while Ranieri defied 5000-1 odds to take his Leicester City side to the Premier League title in one the greatest upsets in football history.
Portugal coach Santos will also be a strong contender after the nation won the European Championship for the first time in their history in July.
Winner announced on January 9
The winner, to be announced on January 9, will be decided by votes of captains and head coaches of national teams around the globe, an online public ballot with football fans and submissions from a selected group of over 200 media representatives.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem