Atlético Madrid have set their sights on Lyon winger Rachid Ghezzal, according to French daily L’Equipe. Algeria international Ghezzal, 24, is out of contact at the Parc Olympique Lyonnais next summer and Atlético are still hopeful that the Court of Arbitration for Sport will reduce the Fifa-imposed transfer ban from two windows to one, leaving the club free to add to their squad in June.
Ghezzal in demand
Last season, Ghezzal made 29 appearances for Lyon, scoring eight and assisting eight as Les Gones finished runners-up in Ligue 1. A series of injuries have hampered the player’s progression but several European clubs are interested in signing him, including Premier League side Everton. However, Lyon president Jean Michel Aulas has said that the club will offer Ghezzal “a very nice offer” to remain in France.
Atlético transfer ban
Ghezzal is a versatile forward who is comfortable on both feet and can also play behind the striker as a number 10. As of January 1, Ghezzal will be free to negotiate with other clubs. In the case that the CAS does not reduce Atlético’s transfer ban to one window, the club can still sign the player but he will not be able to play at the Calderón until January 2018.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem