Salah to miss Rome derby
Roma’s Mohamed Salah has been ruled out of Sunday's capital derby with Lazio after suffering an ankle injury, the Serie A club confirmed
Roma’s Mohamed Salah has been ruled out of Sunday's capital derby with Lazio after suffering an injury to ligaments in his right ankle, the Serie A club announced.
Training ground clash
The Egyptian winger, who hit his first league hat trick for Roma last month, suffered the setback in Thursday’s session training after colliding with team mate Thomas Vermaelen.
Roma’s statement read: “Mohamed Salah underwent tests on Thursday that revealed damage to the exterior ligaments on his right ankle, also affecting the front and lateral muscles and tendons. The player will have further tests on Friday to determine the proper treatment plan and expected recovery time”.
Salah, who has scored eight league goals in 14 games, is due to play for Egypt in January’s African Cup of Nations.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Meteor Shower Perseid meteor shower August 2020: how and when to watch
- Coronavirus Trump executive order: how much will it cost the US?
- Ohter Sports Forbes: Covid-19 is massively-affecting sports in South Africa
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool close in on a deal for 'the next Neymar’ Talles Magno
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Atalanta have a responsibility not to disappoint against PSG, says Gasperini