Lucas Silva will represent Real Madrid at Chapecoense funeral
Real Madrid's Brazilian midfielder Lucas Silva will represent the Spanish club at the service for the victims of the air disaster, according to 'Globoesporte'.
Real Madrid will be represented by Lucas Silva at the funeral service for the victims of the Chapecoense air tragedy that claimed the lives of 71 people, including almost the entire football team. The Brazilian midfielder will attend the service this Saturday in the name of Real Madrid. The player is currently not registered to play.
Funeral to take place at the Arena Condá de Chapecó stadium
The funeral will take place at the Arena Condá de Chapecó. The access to the pitch will be reserved exclusively for the family members, Chapecoense personnel and people directly related to the club as communicated by Chapecoense. Screens will be put up around the ground so fans of the club can follow proceedings.
Butragueño and Roberto Carlos attended the Brazilian embassy
Emilio Butragueño, director of institutional relations at Real Madrid, along with Roberto Carlos, attended the Brazilian Embassy in Madrid in the name of the club and signed the condolences book.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's internal debate
- TRANSFER RUMOURS Premier League: Arsenal intensify Nuno interest and keep Martínez in mind
- VALENCIA - REAL MADRID Zidane and Celades: friends in Madrid, rivals in Valencia
- FOOTBALL Michael Owen: "I was already in decline by the time I was 23"
- Rashford eager to live up to 'nice' Ronaldo comparisons
- LIVERPOOL Liverpool: "Klopp has made me who I am today" - Alexander-Arnold