Real Madrid have two penalty claims denied against Barcelona
Referee Clos Gomez turned down what appeared to be two clear penalties for Real Madrid against Barcelona at the Camp Nou in LaLiga, a foul by Mascherano on Lucas Vázquez and a Rakitic handball.
No penalty for Mascherano's challenge on Vázquez
The first Clásico of the 2016/17 season started with controversy as referee Clos Gómez decided not to award a penalty to Real Madrid when Barcelona's Mascherano brought down Lucas Vázquez in the box after just three minutes of play at the Camp Nou.
After some decent play from Zidane's side, Lucas Vázquez was released into the box. Mascherano covering ran across the Real Madrid player, knocking him over, but failing to touch the ball. Real Madrid protested furiously but Clos Gómez wasn't interested.
Rakitic handball in the box not given
Just after, in the 12th minute, from a Modric corner, Rakitic, close to the line and under pressure from Cristiano Ronaldo, cleared the ball using his arm, but Clos Gómez also decided there was no penalty.
Te recomendamos en English
- Man City vs Real Madrid Sterling joins Man City's 100 club with opener against Real Madrid
- Champions League Napoli must 'climb Everest' to beat Barcelona - Gattuso
- Coronavirus Unemployment benefits: will there be an extra weekly payment?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: How much money could you get?
- Coronavirus India: Lockdown in Kohima to be lifted tomorrow
- Social Media What is Instagram Reels, the new TikTok competitor