Nuri Sahin ruled out of Dortmund's trip to Real Madrid
The Turkish midfielder suffered a knee injury in Borussia Dortmund's 4-1 win over Mönchengladbach on Saturday, meaning he'll miss the Champions League Group F decider at the Bernabéu.
Nuri Sahin will miss Borussia Dortmund’s Champions League clash against Real Madrid at the Bernabéu on Wednesday.
The Turkish midfielder suffered a knee injury in his side’s 4-1 Bundesliga win over Borussia Mönchengladbach this weekend, ruling him out for two weeks.
“Our number eight will be out for two weeks with a knee problem,” revealed Dortmund’s official Twitter account on Sunday afternoon.
Latest injury setback
Sahin had recovered his form this season after suffering a series of injuries, however after finally breaking back into the first team, he had to be subbed with just 36 minutes gone on Saturday.
“I was really angry that I had to take him off so early,” said Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel after the game. “He’s had very few opportunities to play.”
Group F top spot at stake
Dortmund go to the Bernabéu later this week one point ahead of Real Madrid at the top of Group F, meaning the German side will need just a draw to secure their passage through to the Champions League Round of 16 as group winners. Madrid on the other hand will need all three points to steal top spot.
Te recomendamos en English
- COPA DEL REY Atlético stunned by Cultural Leonesa in Copa del Rey shock
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setién and Valverde not that different, says De Jong
- SCHALKE 04 Todibo: "During training, you had to defend Messi with caution"
- MANCHESTER CITY Silva: "Real Madrid called me year after year but I didn't go"
- Manchester United How bad are Manchester United under Solskjaer?
- REAL MADRID Benzema: Real Madrid striker agrees contract extension