Xavi on Ronaldo tax allegations: "It surprises me, it's stratospheric"
The former Barcelona midfielder has expressed his shock about reports alleging that Cristiano Ronaldo is involved in a multi-million-euro system of 'tax evasion'.
Xavi Hernández has expressed his shock at the reports accusing Cristiano Ronaldo of moving 150 million euros from rights image contracts into offshore accounts.
In an interview with RAC1, the former Barcelona midfielder said: “It surprises me the thing with Cristiano, it’s a stratospheric figure.
"I’ve always tried to do things in line with the law"
“I’ve always tried to do things in line with the law, but even so, the tax office could consider they haven’t been done accordingly.”
Tax issues aside, Ronaldo and Xavi haven’t seen eye-to-eye as of late after Xavi suggested in September that the Real Madrid man is “not on the same level” as his ex-Barça teammate Lionel Messi.
“He has no Ballon d’Ors, I have three”
Cristiano angrily responded: “He has no Ballon d’Ors, I have three.”
Then in an interview a few weeks later, Xavi laughed off the Portuguese star’s taunts, saying: “I saw that Cristiano didn’t take that very well but I still think the same. What he said about his Ballons d’Or is true as well. I try not to make mistakes but my opinion changes. I didn’t lack respect towards him. Did he towards me? What do you think?”
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Meteor Shower Perseid meteor shower August 2020: how and when to watch
- Coronavirus Trump executive order: how much will it cost the US?
- Ohter Sports Forbes: Covid-19 is massively-affecting sports in South Africa
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool close in on a deal for 'the next Neymar’ Talles Magno
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Atalanta have a responsibility not to disappoint against PSG, says Gasperini