Xavi on Ronaldo tax allegations: "It surprises me, it's stratospheric"
The former Barcelona midfielder has expressed his shock about reports alleging that Cristiano Ronaldo is involved in a multi-million-euro system of 'tax evasion'.
Xavi Hernández has expressed his shock at the reports accusing Cristiano Ronaldo of moving 150 million euros from rights image contracts into offshore accounts.
In an interview with RAC1, the former Barcelona midfielder said: “It surprises me the thing with Cristiano, it’s a stratospheric figure.
"I’ve always tried to do things in line with the law"
“I’ve always tried to do things in line with the law, but even so, the tax office could consider they haven’t been done accordingly.”
Tax issues aside, Ronaldo and Xavi haven’t seen eye-to-eye as of late after Xavi suggested in September that the Real Madrid man is “not on the same level” as his ex-Barça teammate Lionel Messi.
“He has no Ballon d’Ors, I have three”
Cristiano angrily responded: “He has no Ballon d’Ors, I have three.”
Then in an interview a few weeks later, Xavi laughed off the Portuguese star’s taunts, saying: “I saw that Cristiano didn’t take that very well but I still think the same. What he said about his Ballons d’Or is true as well. I try not to make mistakes but my opinion changes. I didn’t lack respect towards him. Did he towards me? What do you think?”
Te recomendamos en English
- FA Cup Liverpool face potential Chelsea clash in FA Cup fifth round
- REAL MADRID Courtois: "It's special to play for Zidane as he was always a role model"
- ARSENAL Pablo Marí's Arsenal move on verge of collapse
- BUNDESLIGA Hertha Berlin sign Tousart, loan midfielder back to Lyon
- LALIGA Valencia president in Barcelona negotiating Rodrigo sale
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Cavani: Atlético signing imminent - player sources