In good news for Real Madrid, Toni Kroos returned to full training with the squad on Tuesday ahead of the visit of Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League.
The Germany international joined his teammates on the training pitches at Valdebebas and has been named in the squad for the match against the Bundesliga giants at the Bernabéu on Wednesday.
Club World Cup boost
Kroos will also be available to Zinedine Zidane for the Club World Cup, which takes place in Japan from December 8 to 18. The Germany international suffered a fractured metatarsal in the league match against Leganés on November 6 and has been expected to be out until after the New Year and his quicker than expected recovery is a boost to Zidane.
Álvaro Morata has also returned to a match day squad for the first time since picking up a hamstring injury playing for Spain against England last month.
Real squad for Borussia Dortmund
Keepers: Navas, Casilla, Yáñez.
Defenders: Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Varane, Danilo, Marcelo.
Midfielders: Kroos, James, Casemiro, Modric, Asensio, Isco.
Forwards: Ronaldo, Benzema, Morata, Vázquez.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson out for the rest of the season
- PREMIER LEAGUE Former players call for change after calamitous VAR decisions
- World Football Summit Collina on VAR: “In five years we’ve gone from zero to having it in all main competitions”
- Interview | Andrés Iniesta Iniesta: "I wanted the ball, I wanted to be decisive"
- Football Jack Charlton: tributes for 1966 World Cup winner
- ALFREDO RELAÑO More fuel on the fire, and one step closer to the title