ATLÉTICO DE MADRID
The name of Atlético's new stadium to be revealed on Friday
The club has organized an event to announce the name of their new home. Javier Tebas let slip that it will be called 'Estadio Wanda', but Atleti claim nothing has been decided.
Presentation at the Calderón on Friday
Atlético de Madrid will announce the name of their new stadium at an event on Friday. At the moment, the stadium, located in the north east end of the capital, is still know as La Peineta. And it will be at their current home, the Vicente Calderón, where more details will be revealed about the ground they will move to next season.
LaLiga president Javier Tebas let slip recently that Atlético's new stadium will be called 'Estadio Wanda' - which the club denied, saying that the name had yet to be decided. However, seeing as Chinese magnate Wang Jianlin owns a 20% stake in the club, it is a possibility. All will be revealed on Friday.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what are the 'critical components' that the Trump administration talks about?
- Premier League Premier League: Teams find their shooting boots as the finale approaches
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: McConnell confirms there will be checks for low-income Americans
- Barcelona Neymar back to Barcelona 'unlikely'
- CORONAVIRUS Bolsonaro tests positive for coronavirus
- Coronavirus India's Covaxin to be tested on 375 volunteers