Dortmund boss Tuchel admits to Aubameyang's Madrid ambition
Borussia Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel has conceded that it's only "normal" for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to want to play for Real Madrid one day prior to the two sides' Champions League encounterCopa del Rey live:Quarter Final Draw
Borussia Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel has conceded that it’s inevitable Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will want to eventually play for Real Madrid.
And now Tuchel has ignited speculation ever further over a possible future transfer to the Spanish capital with comments made prior to his side’s trip to the Bernabéu on Wednesday for the Champions League Group F decider.
“It’s normal that he wants to play for Madrid one day"
“It’s normal that he wants to play for Madrid one day – any player with talent would like to play in the best teams and Madrid are one of those,” admitted the Dortmund manager.
Tuchel even suggested that the 27-year old forward would thrive under the intense media scrutiny and fan expectation that comes with signing for Real Madrid.
“There is always pressure at the Bernabéu. I don’t know if there would be even greater pressure, but he likes and needs that pressure. I don’t think that would be a problem for him,” he said.
However, the Borussia boss made clear that he wouldn’t be happy to see the club’s star man go given how important Aubameyang is to the club and their ambitions.
“My opinion on him is clear: we can’t achieve our objectives without him. He’s extraordinary, he makes us all better,” he said on the striker who’s already scored 18 goals this season. “Everyone who plays with him knows that in any moment he can make the difference.”
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Getafe: how and where to watch LaLiga - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Manchester City vs Liverpool preview
- Bundesliga Rummenigge: Timing has never been right for Bayern to target Klopp
- CSL Delayed Chinese Super League season to kick off on July 25
- LALIGA Atlético boss Simeone speechless after Griezmann's brief Barça cameo
- Ligue 1 Rennes won't accept €80m from Madrid for Camavinga – Maurice