Real Madrid demand respect for Cristiano Ronaldo over tax affairs
Real Madrid have released a statement demanding respect for Cristiano Ronaldo in the face of allegations of tax avoidance and the use of offshore companies by the Portuguese striker.
Real Madrid have published a statement in response to the publication of reports over the past few days claiming that their striker, Cristiano Ronaldo, may have avoided paying tax in Spain by using off shore companies, which he allegedly used to receive income from his image rights.
Real Madrid call for the "utmost respect" to be shown to Ronaldo and state that his conduct has been "absolutely exemplary" during his time with the Spanish giants.
Ronaldo's tax certificate
Real Madrid refer in the statement to a certificate issued on 30 November by the Spanish tax authorities that states that Ronaldo is up to date with all his tax obligations (though the certificate expressly states that it is only valid to the extent of the knowledge of the tax authorities, and is without effect where the authorities later discover further information).
The full text of the statement from Real Madrid
In view of the stories published over recent days and in consideration of the certificate issued by the Spanish Tax Agency which confirms that our player Cristiano Ronaldo is up to date with all of his tax obligations, Real Madrid C. F. call for the utmost respect to be shown towards Cristiano Ronaldo, whose conduct has been absolutely exemplary throughout all of his time at our club.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona's squad redesign needs to start taking shape now
- International football Zlatan facing possible FIFA ban over links to Malta betting firm
- Manchester United Solskjaer suggests Old Trafford banners to blame for home form
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Pfizer, Moderna and J&J/Janssen: who can get each, side effects, doses
- US Policing Why were no charges brought against the police officer who shot Jacob Blake?
- VACCINE NEWS What is a cerebral venous sinus thrombosis? Blood clot symptons and causes