Real Madrid demand respect for Cristiano Ronaldo over tax affairs
Real Madrid have released a statement demanding respect for Cristiano Ronaldo in the face of allegations of tax avoidance and the use of offshore companies by the Portuguese striker.
Real Madrid have published a statement in response to the publication of reports over the past few days claiming that their striker, Cristiano Ronaldo, may have avoided paying tax in Spain by using off shore companies, which he allegedly used to receive income from his image rights.
Real Madrid call for the "utmost respect" to be shown to Ronaldo and state that his conduct has been "absolutely exemplary" during his time with the Spanish giants.
Ronaldo's tax certificate
Real Madrid refer in the statement to a certificate issued on 30 November by the Spanish tax authorities that states that Ronaldo is up to date with all his tax obligations (though the certificate expressly states that it is only valid to the extent of the knowledge of the tax authorities, and is without effect where the authorities later discover further information).
The full text of the statement from Real Madrid
In view of the stories published over recent days and in consideration of the certificate issued by the Spanish Tax Agency which confirms that our player Cristiano Ronaldo is up to date with all of his tax obligations, Real Madrid C. F. call for the utmost respect to be shown towards Cristiano Ronaldo, whose conduct has been absolutely exemplary throughout all of his time at our club.
Te recomendamos en English
- US Elections 2020 Early voting locations near me in Florida: how to find where to vote
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- US Elections 2020 USA Election 2020: who is Lara Trump?
- Coronavirus Unemployment benefits in US: how to claim and check weekly payments
- US ELECTION 2020 The Blind Pig: this is the new Biden campaign ad aiming at NFL fans
- Coronavirus Pennsylvania unemployment biweekly benefits: eligibility and filing claim