Aubameyang's mother: He always talked about Real, never Barca
Margarita Crespo said since her son was a little boy he spoke about Real Madrid and never about Barcelona and he promised his grandfather he would wear white one day.
Pierre Emerick Aubameyang's mother, Margarita Crespo, is the latest to weigh in on the possible transfer of her son to Real Madrid. She spoke about the possibility of a move in an interview with El Larguero on Tuesday night ahead of Borussia Dortmund's clash with Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabeu in the Champions League.
Promise to his grandfather
"I won't go to the Santiago Bernabeu, I have to look after my grandkids but I will watch it on television. A move to Madrid would be lovely but at the moment he is doing well at Dortmund and we will have to see what happens. He promised his grandfather that he would play for Real Madrid and since he was a little boy he spoke about Madrid and never about Barcelona. My family have always been Real Madrid and I would like to see him in white," she said in the interview.
Aubameyang is seen as a realistic target in an effort by Real Madrid to strengthen their attack. The Gabon international has openly spoken about his desire to one day play for the Spanish side and while he has a contract with Dortmund until 2020, it appears a transfer could happen sooner rather than later. The director general of the German club, Hans-Joachim Watzke, has said, "we will talk about it, but it is not easy. A move to Real Madrid is not automatic."
Te recomendamos en English
- LA GALAXY Nick Lima doesn’t believe Chicharito will make a difference
- PREMIER LEAGUE Solskjaer not fearing for job ahead of Tranmere trip
- BARCELONA Barcelona top dogs claim the team is confused and disorganised
- BARCELONA Barcelona to sign a striker as a smokescreen to placate fans
- Rumour Has It: PSG interested in Aubameyang amid Barcelona links
- LaLiga Al Shabab sign Sevilla's Argentine playmaker Banega