Focus on youth
RB Leipzig Sports Director, Ralf Rangnick spoke about the possibility of Leo Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo playing for the Bundesliga leaders. "It would be crazy to they could fit in with the model we have here. They are too old and too expensive", Rangnick said in an interview with Associated Press which was picked up by Goal.com.
The average age of Leipzig's first team is 23 years - they have one of the most youthful squads in Germany. Rangnick explained: "We have the youngest and most inexperienced team in the Bundesliga" and went onto talk about Leipzig's sensational start to the campaign: "I don't know whether it's a revolution, but it's unusual for a team which was in the Fourth Division three and a half years ago to be in the top flight and on 33 points after 13 games. Nobody expected that".
Among Leipzig's young stars who have helped guide the team to the Bundesliga summit are: Timo Werner (20), Oliver Burke (19), Naby Keita and Bernardo (both 21) and captain Dominik Kaiser, aged 22.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Who is Abhigya Anand, the child astrologer that predicted the coronavirus pandemic?
- George Floyd Protests Facebook will review its rules after Donald Trump's controversial messages
- George Floyd What is the third amendment and can it be applied now?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: Why are some taxpayers still waiting for the payment?
- George Floyd Protests George Floyd: 'Black Lives Matter' on Washington DC street challenges Trump
- Coronavirus IRS tax deadline postponed: when is the new payment date?