Barcelona invite Chapecoense to play next year's Trofeo Gamper
The club issued a statement this morning to announce that they have sent the Brazilian club a formal invitation to take part in the 52nd edition of the summer tournament. Juventus-Barcelona live online: ICC 2017
LII Trofeo Gamper
FC Barcelona announced this morning that they have sent a formal invitation to Chapecoense to take part in next year's Trofeo Joan Gamper - their traditional, pre-season curtain raiser. The club explained that they want to pay tribute to the Brazilian club who lost nearly all of their playing staff and coaching staff in a tragic plane crash which claimed 71 lives last week.
In the press release, Barcelona add that they "would like to collaborate on the institutional and sporting reconstruction of the Club, and help to recover the competitive level that it had".
Chapecoense were posthumously crowned champions of the 2016 Copa Sudamericana - the final of which they were due to contest when the plane in which they were travelling to the final in, crashed close to Medellín.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd protests live updates | Minneapolis, US riots, reactions, Trump, Anonymous...
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: what to do if the payment is sent but the mail has not arrived
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: Republicans having doubts about another $1,200 payment