Cristiano scolds Real Madrid fans whistles with his own gesture
The Portuguese attacker confronted fans in the 79th minute and asked for calm but this incensed the Bernabeu further as Marco Reus would go on to tie the game late on.
Cristiano Ronaldo reprimanded the Bernebeu and asked for patience late in the second half of Real Madrid's 2-2 draw with Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League. The Portuguese attacker lost the ball and whistles from the crowd resulted in Ronaldo gesturing to the crowd to calm down.
Ronaldo hits back
He would go on to put an imaginary whistle to his mouth and wag his finger in defiance, suggesting there is no need for whistles considering the excellent run Zinedine Zidane's side are on. His side were winning 2-1 at the time but Marco Reus would go on to level matters and force Real to settle for second spot in their group, which could reult in an easier draw - at the time, however, Real Madrid fans simply wanted to win the game.
During the incident mentioned, Ronaldo lost the ball in the middle of the field as Real were trying to build an attack but lost it to a Dortmund player. The Madrid player turned on his heels and sprinted back angrily towards his opponent before recovering possession.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total India cases and deaths, real-time map, 01 April
- MLS Coronavirus: Robbie Russell goes from winning MLS Cup to fighting Covid-19
- Liga MX Miguel Herrera “Everyone wants Renato Ibarra to stay in Club América”
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Everything you need to know about Covid-19 testing
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: total UK cases and deaths, real-time map, 31 March
- FOOTBALL Coronavirus: UEFA's plan for Europe, leagues and international football