Cristiano scolds Real Madrid fans whistles with his own gesture
The Portuguese attacker confronted fans in the 79th minute and asked for calm but this incensed the Bernabeu further as Marco Reus would go on to tie the game late on.
Cristiano Ronaldo reprimanded the Bernebeu and asked for patience late in the second half of Real Madrid's 2-2 draw with Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League. The Portuguese attacker lost the ball and whistles from the crowd resulted in Ronaldo gesturing to the crowd to calm down.
Ronaldo hits back
He would go on to put an imaginary whistle to his mouth and wag his finger in defiance, suggesting there is no need for whistles considering the excellent run Zinedine Zidane's side are on. His side were winning 2-1 at the time but Marco Reus would go on to level matters and force Real to settle for second spot in their group, which could reult in an easier draw - at the time, however, Real Madrid fans simply wanted to win the game.
During the incident mentioned, Ronaldo lost the ball in the middle of the field as Real were trying to build an attack but lost it to a Dortmund player. The Madrid player turned on his heels and sprinted back angrily towards his opponent before recovering possession.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus How much has unemployment gap widened between black and white people?
- Lampard praises 'fantastic' Pulisic after Chelsea star scores again
- SERIE A AC Milan 4-2 Juventus: Sarri bemoans "total blackout"
- ATLÉTICO Atlético Madrid's stadium finally demolished: The last days of the Vicente Calderón
- SERIE A Cristiano Ronaldo looking to achieve goal-scoring holy grail
- MLS MLS is back tournament changes as players test positive for coronavirus