Cristiano declares foreign assets of 203 million euros in 2015
The Real Madrid player published his declaration to the Spanish tax authorities to show that he did not avoid taxes in the Virgin Islands Betis vs Real Madrid live stream online
Making it public
Cristiano Ronaldo, through the agency that represents him, Gestifute, made public the document that he presented to the Spanish tax authorities on 30 March. This includes all the information regarding his foreign equity and aims to provide evidence that he had not, as is being alleged, evaded payment of taxes in the Virgin Islands. It shows that he has declared assets outside of Spain to the value of over 203 million euros.
"Cristiano has never been implicated in any problem with the financial authorities of any country"
A statement read: "This process is known as the presentation of Model 720. Therefore, the Agencia Tributaria [Spanish Tax Agency] has all data relating to the player's equity situation."
An additional note states: "This document confirms that the Hacienda [tax authority] has knowledge of all of Cristiano Ronaldo's assets and income. The player will not make any further statements on the matter. As communicated in recent days, the player has been up to date with his tax obligations since the beginning of his professional career, in each of the countries where he has resided, and he is not and has never been implicated in any problem with the financial authorities of any country".
Balance sheet home and away
The document attached, in relation to the declaration of assets and rights located abroad, states a balance of €203,793,952 as of 31 December 2015 and €23,506,231 in Spain.
On Wednesday, following the 1-1 draw in the Champions League game against Borussia Dortmund, Cristiano responded to a journalist's question regarding his worry about the situation.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS David Beckham's Inter Miami and in sponsorship talks with Qatar
- SERIE A Inter Milan director confirms Christian Eriksen bid and agreement for Chelsea's Victor Moses
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola focused on improving Manchester City rather than chasing Liverpool
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ousmane Dembélé enters the final phase of his recovery
- ARITZ GABILONDO Reinier, a classic No. 10 in the same mould as Kaká or Rai
- FOOTBALL Messi, Aubameyang, Pogba... 15 stars who are out of contract in 2021