Raphael Varane's house ransacked during Dortmund game
An organised crime group conducted a planned robbery on the Real Madrid defender's chalet while he played against Dortmund on Wednesday, taking €70,000 worth of property and cash.
The chalet of Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane was burgled on Wednesday by an organised crime group, who took more than €70,000 euros worth of jewelry, cash and other items.
The thieves took advantage of Varane’s absence from the property, conducting the carefully planned robbery during Real Madrid’s Champions League match with Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday evening.
Security alarm not turned on
On reporting the incident to the police, the Frenchman confessed that he had forgotten to turn on the security alarm before coming home to find a locked door forced in and the house ransacked. The robbers stole 12 exclusive watches, €3,800 in cash, jewelry with a value of more than €10,500, and numerous other luxury items.
The robbery comes just two weeks after Real Madrid legend Luis Figo had his house broken into in a nearby area of the city.
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment Golden Globes 2021: hosts, presenters and special guests
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus Check: is it necessary to live in the US to be eligible for payment?
- GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS Golden Globes 2021: times, TV and how and where to watch online
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? New $3000 child tax credit: live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: when will the proposal be voted on in the Senate?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: who voted in favour in the House of Representatives?