Griezmann still "has chance to win Ballon d'Or" - Deschamps
In an interview with L'Equipe, France coach Didier Deschamps has played up Atletico Madrid striker Antoine Griezmann's chances of winning the Ballon d'Or, if not on Monday, then in the future.
If there’s a man who know the qualities of Antoine Griezmann any better than Diego Simeone, then it is surely Didier Deschamps. And for the France coach, there is no doubting that the Atletico Madrid striker has the “opportunity to win the Ballon d’Or”, if not on Monday, where he’s amongst the favourites alongside Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi for the esteemed individual award, but in the future.
“It’s already a huge success to have arrived at such a level,” said Deschamps of Griezmann in an interview with L’Equipe.
A landmark year
Since arriving at Atletico Madrid in 2014, the 25-year old forward has made massive strides in his development, exponentially increasing his market value with his goals and performances with club as well as county, reaching the finals of the Champions League and Euro 2016 this year (as well as being voted the player of the tournament in France). Under Diego Simeone and Deschamps, Griezmann has reached the top of his game, an accomplishment that could see him land on the Ballon d’Or podium for the first time on December 12th.
FIFA Best Player award
While this season so far he’s struggled to live up to the ridiculously high expectations that he’s set for himself (he hasn’t scored in LaLiga for two months: a fact that's likely to hamper his chances of winning Ballon d’Or), the future is certainly his. Besides his Ballon d’Or nomination, Griezmann is also a finalist for FIFA’S Best Player of 2016 award along with, you guessed it, Ronaldo and Messi.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX SEASON When does the IRS start accepting tax returns from filers in 2021? dates and deadlines
- US POLITICS What did Biden and Putin discuss in first presidential call?
- NETFLIX What movies and series are coming and leaving Netflix in February 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Does Moderna's Covid-19 vaccine work against South Africa strain?
- US NEWS When was the first stimulus check sent out and how much was it?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Timo Werner and other tasks on Chelsea boss Tuchel's to-do list