It hasn't been long since Gio Simeone made claims that he hoped his father would coach Inter Milan one day and that he hoped that day was sooner rather than later. Diego Simeone himself has not been shy about linking himself to the club and said recently that "I'll coach Inter one day, it's hardly front page news"
Yesterday, in an interview with the BBC, Gio explained his comments and played down his statement, saying "My dad is very happy at Atletico Madrid and Inter Milan have a very good coach in Stefano Pioli."
This comes on the back of Pioli saying he was not offended by Simeone's desire to coach the team he is currently managing.
Lessons from Diego Simeone
Gio went on to talk about the lessons his Father taught him growing up. "The first lesson my Dad taught me was that effort is not negotiable. The future depends solely on one person, on your work ethic and effort. My Father always told me to pay attention to the way Radamel Falcao moves."
His trainer, along with his Father, is Genoa's manager, Ivan Juric. He compares the youngster with Cholo, "They have the same eyes as a tiger. They are the same, the same intensity and determination. They have lots of guts."
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment The Oscars 2021: when are nominations announced and when is the ceremony?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks $1,400 third stimulus check: do any Republicans support the bill?
- American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 $400 unemployment benefits: how long has the House extended them?
- PLAYSTATION How to download Ratchet & Clank for free on PS4 & PS5: dates, times & availability
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Why was there a proposal for a $10,000 stimulus check and could it pass?
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT OF 2021 $400 new weekly unemployment benefits: when are they coming?