It hasn't been long since Gio Simeone made claims that he hoped his father would coach Inter Milan one day and that he hoped that day was sooner rather than later. Diego Simeone himself has not been shy about linking himself to the club and said recently that "I'll coach Inter one day, it's hardly front page news"
Yesterday, in an interview with the BBC, Gio explained his comments and played down his statement, saying "My dad is very happy at Atletico Madrid and Inter Milan have a very good coach in Stefano Pioli."
This comes on the back of Pioli saying he was not offended by Simeone's desire to coach the team he is currently managing.
Lessons from Diego Simeone
Gio went on to talk about the lessons his Father taught him growing up. "The first lesson my Dad taught me was that effort is not negotiable. The future depends solely on one person, on your work ethic and effort. My Father always told me to pay attention to the way Radamel Falcao moves."
His trainer, along with his Father, is Genoa's manager, Ivan Juric. He compares the youngster with Cholo, "They have the same eyes as a tiger. They are the same, the same intensity and determination. They have lots of guts."
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in the European Championship? Sunday 20 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- NBA NBA playoffs 2021: Bucks stun Nets in overtime to take conference final spot
- BASEBALL Red Sox jump to first place, Padres win without Tatis
- NBA When was the last time the Clippers were in the NBA conference finals?
- NBA When was the last time the Suns were in the NBA Conference finals?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Another failure for Spain in both areas